What is EcoMobility?
EcoMobility is travel through integrated, socially inclusive, and environmentally-friendly transport options, including and integrating walking, cycling, wheeling, and passenging. By enabling citizens and organizations to access goods, services, and information in a sustainable manner, EcoMobility supports citizens’ quality of life, increases travel choices, and promotes social cohesion. EcoMobility is environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive.
EcoMobility is neither a new kind of transportation nor is it a collective word to indicate heterogeneous transport. EcoMobility indicates a new approach to mobility that highlights the importance of public and non-motorized transport and promotes an integrated use of all modes in a city.
The time for EcoMobility is now!
Our vision is to transform EcoMobility into the main urban transportation solution. We are living on a planet under stress. The dominance of the car in cities is one of the key factors that accounts for this global challenge. While citizens have a plethora of sustainable mobility solutions available to them, EcoMobility is still not gaining sufficient attention or usage. There is no time to waste, nor can our cities find themselves increasingly in the center of conflicting interests and needs. We urgently need to create an EcoMobility culture to restore liveability of our cities, democratize mobility, and help to mitigate climate change. Let’s do it!
An EcoMobile City...
- Aims to reduce the need for motorized mobility;
- Ensures that the transport facilities and areas are accessible to all its users;
- Ensures that an appropriate variety of modes of transport are available for all its users;Encourages travelers to walk, bicycle, and take public transport;
- Supports the operation of environmentally-friendly, low emission vehicles;
- Continually aims to encourage the reduction of resources use for travel; and
- Continually aims to improve its performance in planning and delivering EcoMobility.